Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day at Centennial Olympic Park #ATL (09/09/12)

 

A graduate student at Georgia Tech's Sam Nunn School of International Affairs
today I took some time out to visit 
Atlanta's Centennial Olympic Park which is located about 2 miles from campus. 
Along the way I uploaded photos to my Twitter account

Walked by some guys loading travel #golf bags into a car on the way home from #church, did an air swing and wished them well. #ATL 
My @georgiatech task for the day- make a working hypothesis about Russo-China #Amur River settlement (2004), and list key research questions
Then decided to take a break and headed to the park:

Fountains at the entrance, kids in swimsuits can play in the water.

Took this while sitting on a bench next to tourists from Germany, other fountains behind me.
This water you can't play in, but nice view of the lawn.

The grass is like a fairway on a nice golf course, I've never seen grass like
this in a public park in Texas - just not enough water to keep it so soft. 

The 'short' blue building in the very middle is the BBT
within walking distance of my apartment @GeorgiaTech. 

Another view from the lawn. The tall building on the right is the Westin Hotel -
It's famous because it's got a revolving restaurant at the top.
When I visited today I learned you have to pay $6 to ride the elevator up if you're not a guest.

The World of Coke building at the far end of the park.
Admission: Adult $16, Children $12, Senior $14

Georgia Aquariam - next to the World of Coke
Ticket prices vary, $25 - $40. Georgia Tech students get a discount.

@DonnaWelles
Walked the 2 miles home to @georgiatech from Centennial Olympic Park. Beautiful #ATL day.


Photo's from last night's home-opener:


Me at the Georgia Tech vs. Presbyterian football game on 9/8/12.
The score was very lopsided early on and so I left after the first quarter.
Next week we play UVA. As a student, I paid $8 for a $20 ticket. 

Pregame marching band formation. Beautiful historic stadium. 

No comments:

Post a Comment